New to forum

EieenOM

Mar 4, 2024
Hello I’m Eileen - husband we think is starting with MCI - memory issues which is causing anxiety for him and he is getting annoyed with himself.
Last year his vision in his right eye saw kaleidoscope shapes. He had MRI and memory tests, all clear and passed. Suspected TIA
this week both eyes saw kaleidoscope for 30 mins.
Has any other members started with these . his blood pressure has been dropping to 80/40 as well. My husband is normally a healthy man except for his memory issues.
thanks for any advice support
Eileen

PammieA

Jan 17, 2024
Hi Eileen, your husbands blood pressure (bp) is very low and that could be why his vision is being affected. Has his BP been checked by a health professional or are you doing it at home?
A GP appointment to assess this would be a priority.

EieenOM

Mar 4, 2024
Hi Eileen, your husbands blood pressure (bp) is very low and that could be why his vision is being affected. Has his BP been checked by a health professional or are you doing it at home?
A GP appointment to assess this would be a priority.
Thank you - we tried to make an GP they told us to go to optician first / he had that done Monday and nothing wrong with his eyes, letter from them to request GP do further tests. We are doing his blood pressure at home when he feels dizzy kept a weeks record for GP x Hismum had Alzheimer’s before she was 60, she kept collapsing with low blood pressure then after her husband eventually was persuaded to take her for tests. They were TIA’s hopefully my husbands aren’t.
Thank you for the advice
eiler.

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
This could also be migraine minus headache. Sadly migraine can occur before TIA

I would get an appointment with GP about the blood pressure. Would also be interesting to do blood pressure siting down and the immediately after standing up.
Such low BP can be linked to falls.
it must be scary with his mums diagnosis. I wish you well. X

EieenOM

Mar 4, 2024
This could also be migraine minus headache. Sadly migraine can occur before TIA

I would get an appointment with GP about the blood pressure. Would also be interesting to do blood pressure siting down and the immediately after standing up.
Such low BP can be linked to falls.
it must be scary with his mums diagnosis. I wish you well. X
Thank you Sue - we had an appointment and they suspected TIA - but the stroke team said it must be migraine as this time he didn’t have any dripping in his face. Then the GP decided to reduce his high blood pressure medication then do a weeks blood pressure afyer 2 weeks to see it has helped. Also one of his HBP medication has got ingredients in for migraine.
see how it goes after 2 weeks.
We have another appointment about his memory next week.
Eileen