bronwyn

Oct 5, 2013
Hello I am a new member, my mum has dementis and is in a home and is very happy there. It has been a few hard years, but st leadt I know she is being well cared for.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hello I am a new member, my mum has dementis and is in a home and is very happy there. It has been a few hard years, but st leadt I know she is being well cared for.

Hello and a warm welcome, dementia is hard, no question about that, but I feel in finding this site that people will understand what you have been through, have experienced and will have to face.

We're very supportive of each other, I am glad you have found us.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Hi Bronwyn and welcome from me too.

My mum is also in a home, she's in a nursing home as her original home wasn't able to cater to the level of Alzheimer's she has. It was a rough journey at the start but, like your mum mine is settled and safe. I use the phrase 'happy in her own little world' which is exactly what she is.

Keep posting, there's so much advise and supper here as Noorza said. It's not all serious either, in the Tea Room you will find threads that will raise a smile even on the darkest of days.

Sharon

maggiemo

Oct 29, 2013
Northumberland
Hi never been on a talking point before but Mum diagnosed with Alzhiemer's July 2013 my 2 sisters and I have gone thro 4 months of total confusion, but at last we seem to have everything organised to give Mum a safe and happy life.
Our dilemma at the moment is whether to uproot Mum from her organised life for the Christmas holidays - a week away with one of her daughters who only gets to see her not enough being 5 hours drive away, we would really appreciate any advice :confused:

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Hi never been on a talking point before but Mum diagnosed with Alzhiemer's July 2013 my 2 sisters and I have gone thro 4 months of total confusion, but at last we seem to have everything organised to give Mum a safe and happy life.
Our dilemma at the moment is whether to uproot Mum from her organised life for the Christmas holidays - a week away with one of her daughters who only gets to see her not enough being 5 hours drive away, we would really appreciate any advice :confused:

Personally I think Mohammed would be better to come to the mountain, than attempt to move the mountain.