1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. silvergoblin

silvergoblin Registered User

Mar 31, 2008
    Naples, Florida....USA
    ....Hi....I just found this site today....I wish I would have come upon it a long time ago....anyway....I am from the U.S.A....my 75 year old Father has Alzheimer's....it has broken my heart....

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Hi silvergoblin

Welcome to TP, No how you feel

seem a bit lost to post in hear , but being new you must not of released that you get a better response in the main forum part of TP

3. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    Hi Silvergoblin (love the name by the way.

Sorry to hear that your Father has AD and I do hope that you find support and assistance on the TP site.

You are right, it is a heartbreaking situation and somehow you will need to find a method of coping.

It will be difficult and there are no easy answers but the ways of coping show on sites like this and I am sure that members here can help.