New here, first post

sally vintage

Aug 11, 2022
not sure im using the right form or reply section im new here and screaming out because i KNOW that i have it starting up....Mostly the groaning and constant grunting .....im 72 and pls dont say go to a doctor............my sister has this disease shes married to a wonderful man and i wish she knew as during their lives she has (i laugh) called him every name under the sun....what to do with me ..myself...i dont know.....but i will let you know as i progress down this route. Ive owned several businesses and been very successful now i cant string a sentence together....verbally ..and i think the grunts are to remind myself that i CAN talk if only people didnt turn away or turn their backs on me.

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
not sure im using the right form or reply section im new here and screaming out because i KNOW that i have it starting up....Mostly the groaning and constant grunting .....im 72 and pls dont say go to a doctor............my sister has this disease shes married to a wonderful man and i wish she knew as during their lives she has (i laugh) called him every name under the sun....what to do with me ..myself...i dont know.....but i will let you know as i progress down this route. Ive owned several businesses and been very successful now i cant string a sentence together....verbally ..and i think the grunts are to remind myself that i CAN talk if only people didnt turn away or turn their backs on me.
Hello and welcome @sally vintage You can post where you like, but there is a forum just for people who have dementia here:

You might find it helpful. I’m afraid people probably will tell you to see your GP, depending on the type of dementia, there are some meds that can help with some symptoms.

I’m sorry people are being impatient with you when you’re talking to them. that’s horrible - I hope you’ll find us a bit more understanding here.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @sally vintage and welcome to Dementia Talking Point.
I'm glad that you've found us and do continue to 'talk' on here, there will always be someone to listen.
I know you don't want to go to the doctor, but it would be a good idea if you could face it to see one. That way you can rule dementia in or dementia out, and then decide what you want to do next.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @sally vintage.

I’m really sorry to read about the difficulties you are facing. Like @Sarasa though I do think you need to see your GP - for the reasons she has posted.

You’ve come to the right place here - there will always be someone around to listen and to give support. Please keep posting.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @sally vintage and welcome from me too

Im sorry you are having problems in your life.
Im wondering why you dont want to go to the GP. Have you already tried this? Are you worried about something he will do or say?

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
Please bear in mind that although your symptoms may be the same as some else with this dreadful disease you could have something else that is easily treatable. Would it help to ask someone to come to the doctor with you?