NEW (and unfamiliar!!) to forum

evie12

Dec 1, 2012
Hello
This is my first post and look forward to chatting and sharing thoughts with everyone. my dad was recently diagnosed with alzheimers so its early days for us and we talk openly about everything which is good but i think this forum will be good for me to discuss my feelings and overcome problems which others have gone through already. hopefully i can be of some help to others too :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Evie12,

A warm Welcome to Talking Point from me. I hope you find TP to be as supportive and informative to you as it has been to me. In fact I found this forum to be a life-saver at times. I will look forward to getting to know you and your situation.

Love

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Evie and welcome to Talking Point (TP) :).

It's good you're able to talk openly as a family, and I hope you will gain extra support from TP.

Londongirl

Nov 3, 2012
Essex
Hi Evie

I'm quite new too, having been a "lurker" for a short time. This a good place to come to give and receive help and advice.

LG xx

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi Evie,

welcome to TP you will find lots of advice and support here, be it day or night there is always someone around. you may find along your journey that you may want to post things that you cannot discuss with family or friends. they maybe fears you have or you just want to rant about how you are feeling without putting on your family. so here to seeing your future post and chats.

jan1962

Polly1945

Oct 24, 2012
Hereford
Welcome to TP Evie

But sorry to hear that you Dad has been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

This is a good place to be, sometimes it's nice to read others posts and comment where possible, sometimes a good place to let off steam or ask questions. We are all in one way or another going along the same road, so you will not feel so alone.

Love
Pauline

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Welcome to Talking Point, Evie and Londongirl.

I hope you both find TP a great source of help and support.

evie12

Dec 1, 2012
Dear Evie12,

A warm Welcome to Talking Point from me. I hope you find TP to be as supportive and informative to you as it has been to me. In fact I found this forum to be a life-saver at times. I will look forward to getting to know you and your situation.

Love

dear Helen33
Thank you and its really good to hear that you found TP such a good means of support. iv a feeling i will too. chat soon!!

x

velo70

Sep 20, 2012
Devon
New and unfamiliar

You have followed me and many others, searching for information, answers and hope. Welcome to this most friendly of sites, and also most informative. I am so pleased to be able to read of the journeys that others before us have travelled and come to terms with. It has helped me to accept that 'this is where I am at, The site helped me to appreciate the good days in the AD journey. In my case I am the carer for my wife, and I feel I tended to be a little sorry for myself, arriving at this point. I now have a better understanding of my wife who is aware that she has problems that are confusing to her as well and knows that skills she once had are diminishing. When I feel really down, I come on here, and think 'there but for the grace...etc'. So hopefully, you will find some guidance here as I did.I feel that when I consult the medics, we are just another appointment made and completed by the professional, Our doctors are learned, but do not have a family member who is affected, so I feel that whilst they sympathise, they don't really understand the difficulties faced. As we on here do.

evie12

Dec 1, 2012
Dear velo70
very true!! sharing with people who have lived through difficult experiences seems to me to be the only way to cope on this journey. realizing we're not alone and that our feelings and thoughts are 'normal' and 'common' can only help ease pain and difficulties.' living for today' has definitely become my motto!! its so good that you get support from this forum as i have found i have in such a short time visiting it

take care

tomkitten16

Sep 24, 2012
merseyside
welcome!I have found this site a true lifeline- trying to find out about vascular dementia and what to expect has been a nightmare till I found this site.For me it is a life saver.Good luck xxx

evie12

Dec 1, 2012
hi tomkitten
that is so good you got some advice etc thanks for your words of welcome!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFrazer