Neisha

Neisha

Jul 26, 2015
Does anyone know of a landline phone that can bar only certain outgoing calls to mobile numbers, but not all? My father has Alzheimers and his wife divorced him as a result. He constantly calls her number (she never picks up or doesn't have the phone any longer), so all he is doing is wasting money each time he calls. He rang her 21 times in one day last week. (I check his bills online). It's usually about 6 times a day, so that was a bad day. He no longer understands the difference in cost between ringing landlines (free) and mobiles. I don't yet want to use the bt facility of limiting him to only 10 outgoing numbers yet as he would find it too frustrating.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im afraid I dont know of a phone that can do that. Even the call blocker that Ive got will bar incoming calls, but not outgoing ones. One thing that occurs to me though is how does he call her? Can he still remember the number or is it programed into the phone and/or written down somewhere? If he is using something like speed dial or has it in a book perhaps you can get someone to distract him and discretely remove the number.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Unanswered calls shouldn't incur a cost unless voice mail kicks in. Could you not ask the ex to bar his number instead?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If his contract with BT and he does not need to call many numbers he could use the free
>>>Network Controlled Dialling<<<

This only allows calls to the emergency services, BT fault repair, and up to 10 preset numbers, presets can only be edited every 3 months.