Needs some help and advice

Susiepops

Apr 11, 2024
Hello everyone, this is my first post , my lovely dad has been self funding since November, he was in the Navy for 22 years and we were thrilled that the royal naval benevolent society who run a care home near us offered him a place , he is extremely happy there , everyone is so kind and professional,
Dads money is running out now and we are now dealing with the local council and social services, today we had a phone call saying they have decided he definitely needs full time care but will probably have to move to a home on their list , this has devastated the whole family , have any of you faced this problem or can you help with any advice xx

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
@Susiepops , this does happen quite a bit. The issue will be that the current home is more expensive than the LA will be prepared to meet and therefore the home will probably not be on their list of homes they can use. Maybe have a word with the Royal Navy, I know that the armed services try to help past service people as much as they can. Could they talk with the LA on your behalf ? Is there anyone in your family who could afford a top up ? Defiantly talk with the navy family liaison officer though.

Susiepops

Apr 11, 2024
@Susiepops , this does happen quite a bit. The issue will be that the current home is more expensive than the LA will be prepared to meet and therefore the home will probably not be on their list of homes they can use. Maybe have a word with the Royal Navy, I know that the armed services try to help past service people as much as they can. Could they talk with the LA on your behalf ? Is there anyone in your family who could afford a top up ? Defiantly talk with the navy family liaison officer though.
Thank you that’s a good idea , i will definitely contact the navy to see if they can help x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome. Seem a strange sort of beneovlent society that would do this, especially as it's a ex-services care home you say as I understand it, please correct me if I've read it incorrectly.
A benevolent eviction, bit of a contradiction in terms really, others will comment. K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kmon