Need some help please

louise150385

Apr 30, 2024
My mum is an alcoholic and has dementia what benefits can i get to help with her care ie getting her in the bath cleaning the house ect she is getting her pension I am also in the process of getting power of attorney

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
You may be able to claim Carers Benefit for yourself if you are not working or earn under a certain amount. You should also be able to claim Attendance Allowance for your Mum. Get some help from Age UK or similar as they are much better at wording these documents. You should also be able to claim 25% discount on her council tax. Ask for a Care Assessment for her. Depending on her income she may not have to pay for Care Visits or just pay a contribution. If she has been formally diagnosed she will have a Support Worker from the Adult Mental Team, if you contact them they should be able to help you with advice and support.

louise150385

Apr 30, 2024
She currently does not work due to being an alcoholic my dad that is separated from her currently pays all the bills

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Depending on her age, and I’m guessing she is over pension age as you state she is getting that, she may be able to apply for Attendance Allowance and council tax reduction.