Need some help fast please !!

maintience

Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a wonderful wife named Ruth who has late term Dementia. She is taking off her Depends at night and I am asleep. She has done this twice and how do I help her ?? She is ALWAYS going to be taken by ME. Plese if someone can help me fast ,just made the bed and getting ready to put my HONEY to bed.

maintience

Nov 13, 2020
It is me again my doctor said my wife's right hand is her fidget hand and she picks at her skin a lot ,moles . What to do again with this problem please

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Can I take it you're posting from the USA.?
Just so we know. Don't need an address or a postcode or anything, just alters the advice that may be given. K

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
@maintience hello, is it depends pads that you use for your wife? If so ,it may be better to use pull up pants that I think will be more difficult for her to remove. Pads can be removed from her underwear but the pull up are her pants are less likely to be taken off.
Alternatively you can buy onesie type night wear that fastens down the back which makes access to pads more difficult.

Did the Dr give any advice about stopping the skin picking? Would your wife wear cotton gloves to prevent picking her skin or long sleeved clothes?
It's not something I've had to deal with but it is quite common and others may have advice for you.

maintience

Nov 13, 2020
@maintience hello, is it depends pads that you use for your wife? If so ,it may be better to use pull up pants that I think will be more difficult for her to remove. Pads can be removed from her underwear but the pull up are her pants are less likely to be taken off.
Alternatively you can buy onesie type night wear that fastens down the back which makes access to pads more difficult.

Did the Dr give any advice about stopping the skin picking? Would your wife wear cotton gloves to prevent picking her skin or long sleeved clothes?
It's not something I've had to deal with but it is quite common and others may have advice for you.
They are pullup and the picking they say it is part of the condition. Thank you.