1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

nearly time to say goodbye

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Norrms, May 7, 2019.

1. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    Its nearly time to say good bye and how better with my all time fave song

2. Richard and Fin

Richard and Fin Registered User

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    Alvechurch
    Hi Norms...

What can I say... lovely slide show! Always a smile!

I am so scared of tomorrow... the unknown and this fear of losing all conection with the world while still being here.. if that makes sense?

Everybody I hear about with dementia at the final stages... they are lost in their own time and space. So, I have a question, do you know, are you aware?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I don't know who else would be better to answer.

3. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    yes because i have lewy bodys not alzheimers so many make that mistake x

4. Richard and Fin

Richard and Fin Registered User

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    Alvechurch
    Hi again... so am I right in assuming that with levy bodys dementia you do not have the same mental decline, memory, mood, spacial awareness etc?

5. lis66

lis66 Registered User

Aug 7, 2015
    Hi Norrms what a happy happy slideshow your song says it all thank you for sharing it xxx

6. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Registered User

Mar 28, 2019
    Female
    East Mids
    What a fantastic song choice and something to live by. Your slideshow is purely wonderful Norrms, what a super family by the looks it it

7. Ohso

Ohso Registered User

Jan 4, 2018
    Norms, l am relatively new to the site so have read a few of your messages and have avoided this message till now, and having googled you, Sir l am in awe.x

8. Agzy

Agzy Registered User

Nov 16, 2016
    Moreton, Wirral. UK.
    Big man, big heart, and a colossus in the world of Dementia care, for which so many pay you tribute Norrms. As for your poetry, I have I think, now amassed almost all of yours and use them for comfort and education regarding this horrible and cruel disease. Thank you from a caregiver fan.