Nausea help

hayleshunter

Mar 22, 2015
Hi my mother suffers from Dementia, wont take anything for it. At this stage she is having waves of nausea. Mom goes grey/white, sits down, closes her eyes and waits for this to pass. Is this common. Mum also suffers with dry mouth, which sometimes is worse than the dementia. Any advise would be helpful.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hello and welcome to Talking Point.

Does your mother have other health issues? Because nausea isn't a standard dementia symptom, so I think I'd be looking elsewhere. Have you spoken to her doctor about these episodes?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Agree with Jen, it's not anything I've seen as a symptom of AZ I've ever seen. It could be any number of things, you need to take her for a checkout, blood pressure, thyroid, heart, the total package, too many things may be the cause. Get on to the GP and start the tests. It might be something totally different and treatable, go to the docs.
K

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
And to add to what Kevin said: often the assumption that when a person has dementia, everything they experience is a result of the dementia. Obviously that isn't the case, but you need to be aware that that might be the assumption from professionals, and push for a diagnosis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels