Nastiness towards wife

Salvia

Jul 10, 2018
Really bad afternoon today. Everything perfectly OK. Had been to the golf range again. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Then sitting in garden and his friend rang. Threw the phone he would not speak to that.....
Every time it has been jealousy. He had turned against so many people. All males. He had no reason to be jealous. Did not speak for hours. At least he did not go wandering this time. Did not want dinner and calmer now but gone to bed.

Salvia

Jul 10, 2018
It does not airways happen in the evening. It can be midday. That is when he disappeared for a couple of hours.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It does not airways happen in the evening. It can be midday. That is when he disappeared for a couple of hours.

Its only a guide. My husband often started sundowning a midday. It never ceased to take me by surprise.

Salvia

Jul 10, 2018
My husband has now taken the big step of asking me who I am. Does not see me as his wife. She is not here. Have never been married to me etc etc. Cannot convince him otherwise. He has delusions now too. Some of them very weird. It has led to him not having anything do with his best friend anymore and is not being able to go to a local group meeting once a week with all our friends.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Does he have regular appointments with a psychiatrist? If not I would be asking your GP for a referral. Johns cousin had LBD and I know it gets increasingly difficult to deal with so I think you need more professional help. My husband sees his psychiatrist every six months and I find her very helpful.

Just noticed it is vascular your husband has but the same applies about getting help. Good wishes.

Salvia

Jul 10, 2018
Does he have regular appointments with a psychiatrist? If not I would be asking your GP for a referral. Johns cousin had LBD and I know it gets increasingly difficult to deal with so I think you need more professional help. My husband sees his psychiatrist every six months and I find her very helpful.

Just noticed it is vascular your husband has but the same applies about getting help. Good wishes.[/Quote

Thank you for reply and the helpful advice.

J53

Oct 9, 2018
Hi, my husband had a brain haemorrhage some years ago but in the last year has rapidly gone downhill. He has been diagnosed with vascular dementia. He has now turned quite nasty with me. Telling me i want his car and money and am horrible to him despite everything I try to do. I do not know how to handle this. I have tried to tell I love him and do not want anything from him except for him to be there. It hurts so much.
Hi I was just reading your post and thought I would send you a reply my father has dementia and in a home (not through choice) he is so cruel to my mum and he even bruises her and the things he says are truly horrid my father was a gentle man never used bad language or harmed but this disease is horrid I constantly tell my mum not to get upset as it's not dad but just wanted to say they don't mean what they say I know it's hurtful but remember it's the disease x

Salvia

Jul 10, 2018
Hi I was just reading your post and thought I would send you a reply my father has dementia and in a home (not through choice) he is so cruel to my mum and he even bruises her and the things he says are truly horrid my father was a gentle man never used bad language or harmed but this disease is horrid I constantly tell my mum not to get upset as it's not dad but just wanted to say they don't mean what they say I know it's hurtful but remember it's the disease x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5