Myself and sister have POA for health issues but....

kimnjohn69

Dec 21, 2023
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to write but here goes.
My sister and I have POA for mums financial things, but my sister and I don't get on,at all.She is very controlling and manipulative. Mum and Dad are both elderly with health problems, my sister lives with them.
I have tried to talk to my sister about my mums funeral plans but since we decided I took care of dad's and she does my mums, she has changed mums funeral plan to burial, but my dad,mum and me and my sister had a meet up and they wanted cremation together, but since seeing my mums funeral plan and I challenged my sister,we argue terribly, I explained mum and dad wanted cremation, they both sat and decided together.She changed mums funeral plan last year,because the plans were taken out a few years ago.could anyone advice what I can do about this.There are financial arguments too, my mum has savings but my sister won't tell me the total.She keeps arguing with me when I ask about them.Saying I just want mums money, it's not the case, I juhave poa with her and have a right to know.any advice would be much appreciated thank you kim

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
If you share LPA you have equal right to access your Mum’s bank accounts. Take your copy of the LPA (get a Certified copy if you don’t have an original ) to your Mum’s bank to show you have the legal right to access.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
If mum and dad want a cremation, but sister wants a burial, and presumabley a grave to visit.
Then For my in-laws, both were cremated, when eachs time came, after the last, the ashes were both interrred, together, with a marker stone in their local cementary.
Possible to have both.

Bod

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra