My OH is verbally aggressive

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
I agree with Bod, having him to themselves without your intervention for a few days may wake up the rest of the family to what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Never know, it may have been a sum well invested if it gives you some material and mental support. Enjoy your freedom for a few days.

Floria Tosca

Mar 23, 2015
Nr Doncaster
Tomorrow (Tuesday) OH and daughter & granddaughter go on their luxury holiday for 7 nights. I am taking them to the airport and can feel myself smiling as I think about driving home to an empty house. Terrible thoughts but I can't help it. The last few days leading up to their holiday have been unbearable. I had to lock his suitcase after we packed it on Saturday because he kept fiddling with everything and screwing up his freshly laundered & ironed clothes. I had to hide his travelling outfit otherwise he would have worn it and I'd be frantically washing & ironing again. He has made several lists (all repeating) and then wants me to go through them with him. I tried to watch an old war movie on tv this afternoon and he talked all the way through it so I gave up. I know he can't help it but I'm worn out, he won't let me relax.

His daughter called round earlier so I could show her how to clean his hearing aids and she said "Have you packed your mask and snorkel?" I could have cried! After she left we had to go upstairs and find mask & snorkel and open the suitcase to put them in. Immediately he was trying to get at his long trousers to try them on again (3rd time since packing). I managed to divert him and get the suitcase locked again!

Remind me - if he ever goes on holiday again, don't tell him until the day before because I can't go through all this again!!! anyway I'm looking forward to a week alone even though I'm moving stuff into New house but should get loads done and, who knows, i may even get a chance to watch a movie or read a book..........

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I do hope you have a good week and achieve your goals. The packing sounds a nightmare and I would completely lose it if I had to deal with that. Fortunately my OH lets me do all his packing and I just have to cope with thinking about both of our needs for a trip. If I overlook anything we are in trouble.