1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. sharpy

sharpy Registered User

Feb 10, 2015
    Hi im new to talking point and i would like to talk to other people in a similiar situation to me. My mum was diagnosed with dementia last year and she still seems in the early stages but i still notice a big difference in her and its hard to see. Thankyou

2. piph

piph Registered User

Feb 4, 2013
    Northamptonshire
    Hello, and welcome to TP. I know what you mean - my Mum was diagnosed with mixed dementia a couple of years ago, and her behaviour now is totally opposite to the person she once was. It is hard to see, but I promise you will get used to it, and find ways to deal with it. We are always here for you - have a moan, have a scream, ask whatever you like, even if to you it seems like a daft question. Remember, there are no daft questions - there will almost always be someone on here to has experienced the same or similar and can share their experiences.

3. sheelz

sheelz Registered User

Sep 1, 2014
    Hi there, there are some very helpful people on this site. My mum was diagnosed with dementia a couple of years ago, she is getting worse, but still has 'sort of' good days, and I can still mange to make her laugh !! (She also suffers from depression) . I like to read up on as much info as I can so I'm always reading other people's questions and worries Etc, it makes you feel your not alone.

4. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Hello Sharpy, Welcome to TP.
    Yes it is so very hard seeing all the changes.
    I wouldn't say you get used to it , I never did but I learned to cope.

Their is a mine of information on here from people who understand what it can be like because they are/have been there.
    So feel free to ask questions, it's also a good place to let off a bit of steam when you need to.