• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

My mum has Dementia

sharpy

Feb 10, 2015
Hi im new to talking point and i would like to talk to other people in a similiar situation to me. My mum was diagnosed with dementia last year and she still seems in the early stages but i still notice a big difference in her and its hard to see. Thankyou

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
Hi im new to talking point and i would like to talk to other people in a similiar situation to me. My mum was diagnosed with dementia last year and she still seems in the early stages but i still notice a big difference in her and its hard to see. Thankyou
Hi there, there are some very helpful people on this site. My mum was diagnosed with dementia a couple of years ago, she is getting worse, but still has 'sort of' good days, and I can still mange to make her laugh !! (She also suffers from depression) . I like to read up on as much info as I can so I'm always reading other people's questions and worries Etc, it makes you feel your not alone.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Sharpy, Welcome to TP.
Yes it is so very hard seeing all the changes.
I wouldn't say you get used to it , I never did but I learned to cope.

Their is a mine of information on here from people who understand what it can be like because they are/have been there.
So feel free to ask questions, it's also a good place to let off a bit of steam when you need to.