My mum has Alzheimer's

Twindad19

Apr 14, 2024
Hi I am new to this forum. My mum has Alzheimer's been diagnosed for about 2 years but suspect she's had it for a while before. I keep asking the Dr for help and support as she says she has chats with her mum who's been deceased at least 35 years. She don't believe she has Alzheimer's or that the people she "sees" have actually passed away. Has anyone else been through this stage?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, very, very many of us is my answer to your question.
It's quite a common thing from both what I've read on here and experienced. Keep posting. K

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Twindad19 and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a lot of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your Mum. It's tough for sure having a parent with dementia. I had the same with my Mum. It is quite common for the person with dementia to be in denial that anything is wrong. And often thinks that family/friends long deceased, are there and real, because in their world, they are.
Do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to.
Members here really do want to help, and you will find understanding and sound advice too so do please keep posting.
I am attaching a link that you may find useful: