My mother has Dementia and Alzheimers and need help with feeback to my questions. Thank you for your support.

Joylene

Feb 25, 2024
Evening all my elderly dad cares for my mum and he is really struggling and its taking a toll on his own health. My health is not the best hence i recieve pip. i have a spare room which i pay bedroom tax on. I was wondering would i still need to pay this bedroom tax if my mum comes and stays the occasional overnight to allow my dad respite. Would this affect my benefits ect. she will stay as and when required if im unaffected and dont need to pay bedroom tax. appreciate your feedback. thank you.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Evening all my elderly dad cares for my mum and he is really struggling and its taking a toll on his own health. My health is not the best hence i recieve pip. i have a spare room which i pay bedroom tax on. I was wondering would i still need to pay this bedroom tax if my mum comes and stays the occasional overnight to allow my dad respite. Would this affect my benefits ect. she will stay as and when required if im unaffected and dont need to pay bedroom tax. appreciate your feedback. thank you.
i would ask the council/landlord about it. i think that the room has to be permanently used full-time as a required space. pip is not means tested. you need to go to cab for them to check all the benefits and entitlements.

Joylene

Feb 25, 2024
i would ask the council/landlord about it. i think that the room has to be permanently used full-time as a required space. pip is not means tested. you need to go to cab for them to check all the benefits and entitlements.
Thank you much appreciated