My lovely Mum is now with Dad

lynnpc

Jan 24, 2017
Isle of Wight
Hello all, my lovely Mum went to be with Dad at Midday today, she had been ill with chest infections and pneumonia since October last year and never fully recovered from that, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in January this year and had been steadily getting weaker day by day until today her time finally came and she went in her sleep. She was here at home where she wanted to be at the end but I really don't know how much longer I could have cared for her here (maybe she knew that). It was very peaceful and she was not in any pain which is all any of us could wish for our loved ones. Thank you for all of the support I have found on this site and wish you and your loved ones peace as you continue your journeys.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry for your loss. I'm sure it will take a long time now for you to adjust to not having your mum to care for. Be gentle and kind to yourself.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
So very sorry for your loss, Lynn but how lovely that she was at home, peaceful and painfree at the end of her life. It's all you can wish for. Beautiful x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news lynnpc
your post is so full of compassion and love; your parents must have been lovely people to have produced such a caring daughter - may they both rest in peace, together again
and may you find comfort and peace for yourself
best wishes

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
My sincere condolences lynnpc . Your mum is at peace now . No more dementia which is a blessing, but I know you will miss her . Look after yourself . Lou x

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I'm sorry for the loss of your mum lynnpc - wishing you lots of support and strength over the coming days and weeks. Keep posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb