My lovely Dad has died x

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
I joined this forum on 16 June 2014. I found it to be incredibly helpful and supportive.

My dad died at home with me on 14 March 2017.

I don't really know how I feel. I'm going through the admin; death certificates, arranging funeral, reception etc. My siblings have been useless as usual.

I got myself back into counselling. I can't sleep. Counsellor told me to take sedative as I need to sleep and advised me to take the next 6 weeks off work to try and adjust.

I'm quite numb.

Thanks for reading x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sorry to read your post Adcat. Hope the counselling helps you get through. take care of yourself now.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
My condolences to you - It is often a time of numbness and kind-of going through the necessary for the funeral, then you wonder why you feel so oddly empty. That's just part of the grief process.

I am glad you are able to go to counselling and I hope it helps you to adjust when you are ready. x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

VickiW

Dec 29, 2016
So sorry to read this, my condolences to you X

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
I am so sorry. Im sure others will have advice but please give yourself time. Take one day at a time.
Hugs xx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
So sorry for you. I think a lot of us have been through feelings like that. Hope the counselling helps.

KatieRich

Jan 3, 2017
Derby
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
Sounds like on top of grieving you have a lot to do.
Maybe set yourself a small list to get through daily , hope the counselling helps you get through this difficult time xx