My heart ❤️ Has Gone

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
It's all just been getting to me this last few days. My husband diagnoised Alzheimer's 2 and a half years ago. Not had a bath or wash for 3 days. Wet himself this afternoon still wearing the same clothes. Tried every tatic under the sun still wearing the same clothes!!
Our 42nd wedding anniversary is on Tuesday. Showed his our wedding photos (he does get photo albums out himself recently) . He looked at them briefly and then pushed them aside. I ran him a bath like I always do and he completely ignored me. I know this is typical Alzheimer's behaviour BUT I want this to end sooner rather than later. My heart is broken. We've all got a certain amount of time on this planet and I've had enough. Sending love to you all who feel the same way .Xx

concerned4

Jun 3, 2012
We all have these tough days, can you ask for respite care if you haven’t already done so? This will allow you some me time to yourself, try & focus on the good times which I am sure there will have been many, there is help out there, not sure where you are but stick with it.

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
We all have these tough days, can you ask for respite care if you haven’t already done so? This will allow you some me time to yourself, try & focus on the good times which I am sure there will have been many, there is help out there, not sure where you are but stick with it.
Thank you so much for your response. Maybe things will look better tomorrow.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Things like anniversaries and special occasions really shine an unwelcome spotlight onto their decline because you can remember clearly previous years and what they were like.

I would second trying respite - it keeps me going
xx

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
Angela is there anyway you can have some respite..even just to charge your battery....it's so sad when you remember the good times but your other half can't....it's heartbreaking

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
My son is coming to visit on Friday and he's taking me out for lunch so that will be a nice.
I will look into Respite as well.
My sister passed away in September but unfortunately I wasn't able to attend her funeral. She lived in Ireland and I'm in London although I was able to visit and spend some time with her and her husband and daughter before she passed. I do want to visit her grave. Xx

60'sGirl

Oct 2, 2023
We have had Christmas - no idea what time of year it was.
New Years Eve - our anniversary date (58 years) and not remotely interested
His birthday yesterday so I said Happy Birthday, what's that for?
Today he said to me, you might as well marry me instead of looking after me then we could go on holiday so I went along with it and said I thought you had a wife - oh her, he replied, she died about 5 weeks ago and carried on talking about going on holiday.
This makes me so sad.

Buntie123

Jan 2, 2023
Wirral
We have had Christmas - no idea what time of year it was.
New Years Eve - our anniversary date (58 years) and not remotely interested
His birthday yesterday so I said Happy Birthday, what's that for?
Today he said to me, you might as well marry me instead of looking after me then we could go on holiday so I went along with it and said I thought you had a wife - oh her, he replied, she died about 5 weeks ago and carried on talking about going on holiday.
This makes me so sad.
My goodness x sad and mad x. My lo tells me he prefers the nurse to give him his medication. There is no nurse x the nurse is me x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
We have to learn live in their world, because they can't live in ours. As I was once told.
K