My grand aunt passed away tonight.

shauna

Sep 10, 2010
My grand aunt passed away this eve . She suffered with alzheimers and has spent the last seven years in a nursing home were she got wonderful care. Last oct she celebrated her 100th birthday with a big party surrounded by all her family .It was a lovely night and she was in great form.Sadly about three weeks ago she stopped eating and drinking and slowly faded away.She passed away very peacefully this evening.She was my dad's aunt and when we were young we would visit her in the summer as she lived in the country on a farm. She was a lovely lady and was loved by everyone and will be sadly missed.

Shauna

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Dear Shauna

So sorry for the loss of your much loved aunt - what an age she lived to and am glad she had quality of life all along and that the end was peaceful for her. Wishing you strength in the days to come and comfort from all your cherished memories of her.

Pxx

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Dear Shauna,
Please accept my sincere condolences on your grand-aunt's passing.
What a beautiful tribute you have posted for her, that few sentences say such a lot about her and your relationship.

100 ! Well, she will have seen so very many changes throughout her life, both good and bad. What a wonderful celebration to reach, and to be able to enjoy it too....leaving you with priceless memories of the love you shared.

Having been brought up on a small farm, I understand the 'magic' of the freedom of the countryside, so precious.

May those memories help you and your family cope with the grief of loosing such a lovely lady.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Shauna,

I am so sorry for your loss and wish you peace and strength as you face the days, weeks ahead.

Love

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Shauna, I am sorry to read your sad news about your great aunt and send you my sincere condolences.

turbo