My Gordon is at peace at last

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
So Sorry ..............

Jeannette that dear Gordon has passed away but so glad you & Gordon's daughter were with him & at Home .......do hope that brings some comfort to you in the days to come My sympathy to you & your family

Wishing you strength , Love & Comfort in the days & weeks to come

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Love Grove x x x

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
I'm so sorry Jeannette. But so glad that you were able to be with him even right to the end. I hope there is peace of mind for you too, in time. Take care.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Jeanette, I am glad you were there with Gordon as he passed away. And that you felt the weight of his suffering lifted from you.
There will be tears, but I wish you peace and comfort,
sleepless x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Jeanette - I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of dear Gordon, and, through TP, have taken comfort from your many posts, offering advice and wisdom, when I have needed it most.

You have been a wonderful example of an unselfish and devoted carer, and it was fitting and right that you were with Gordon at the end of a very long journey - together.

May God Bless his dear sweet soul.

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
Jeanette, please accept my condolences. So glad that you were with him at the end and hope this a source of comfort to you in the weeks to come.

lu

Feb 9, 2014
I am so sorry...that is such a tough time. I've been there, only with a 5 year old child. I'll be thinking of you. You know, I have always told my children that strength is not handed to you on a silver platter, you earn it. Every time you handle the tough ones that gives you confidence to handle the next. I feel you will have that strength. God bless.

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Oh my dear Jeannette, how terribly sorry I am to hear this news. I hope you receive much comfort from his final moments being in the presence of those who loved him dearly, and a peaceful passing. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Love, Stephanie

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I am so sad and yet at the same time relieved for you Jeanette. All the pain and stress finally over.
I wish you peace and strength to get on with your life now.

jawuk

Jan 29, 2014
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
This morning Gordon took his last breath while I was cradling his face and his daughter was holding his hand.

I feel truly blessed we were both there, and a great weight has lifted from me even though there are tears.

Jeannette

I haven't made many posts in the short time since I joined TP but have read many of yours and have admired your fortitude and caring heart.
This last sad loss is so final Jeanette that I can only imagine how desolate you'll be feeling and my heart goes out to you. As so many on TP have said, you must try to find comfort in knowing that you were still showing him your love to the end and that he will have felt that comfort from your closeness.
Soon I hope that you'll find strength from remembering your Gordon as he really was before he became ill, and know that he would have wanted you to live your life from now onward knowing that you were loved in return.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Jeannette, I am so sorry to hear your news. May your strength and love now help you through this difficult time. My thoughts are with you.

You know TP is still here for you if needed.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I am so sorry to hear your news. I was thinking about you both the other day. I am glad you were there with him as you wanted. My thoughts are with you.