My dad has LBD - I’m struggling.

lil_mama_97

Nov 16, 2023
Hi new member here here is a little context I’m 26 and my father has been diagnosed with lbd and I was really close to my dad and I used to spend every day with him and now for the past year he has been in hospital and they are thinking about moving him to a care home and I guess I’m just really struggling and no one told me that with lbd is you suffer 2 losses first loss is the person who they are then the sen second is death and Im on the first loas as my dad no longer knows who I am and with that I’m really struggling I have 0 friends to talk to about this so I’m feeling like I’m drowning and I don’t know how to float and I guess I’m here to see if any one else is in my position to talk to I guess

JoannePat

Jan 24, 2019
Hi @lil_mama_97 , you have come to the right place to find people in a similar situation. You will find compassion, love and lots of great advice. Over the years I have found it a good place to come and rant too!

Please know that we are all thinking of you.

There are so many stages that we all go through.

If they are moving your dad to a care home don't see it as a negative. You will find it a much calmer environment for him (and you to visit).

Hugs and thoughts

Joanne x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allyjhilier