Mum Has Gained Her Wings

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
May I offer my sincere condolences @Firecatcher to you and your stepfather. Some good advice already posted here about funeral arrangements . Take your time to process and consider. It’s all been a shock to you as it was so unexpected.

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to send messages of support. This really means a lot to me. I’m with my step Dad now and we’ve an appointment with the funeral directors later this morning then attending the registrars office tomorrow afternoon. I think there’s going to be between 3-5 of us at my Mum’s funeral which feels incredibly sad. Mum only had five extended family members in the UK and my step Dad’s family are unlikely to be bothered. The rest of my Mum’s family lived abroad so won’t want the expense. As I’ve said before my relationship with my parents was difficult but it’s awful to feel they also meant so little to others.

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
I’m sorry for your loss. My view about the funeral is, as long as the most important people are there that’s the priority. If you wanted to extend a wider ‘invitation’ to people who knew your mum can you contact old neighbours/friends or put an announcement in the local paper. Take care of yourself in the weeks ahead.