Sep 25, 2013
Hi I just joined today

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hi I just joined today

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

And hello to you too Dawn, let us know how we can help, think every subject have been covered on here:D so don't be shy, welcome to Talking Point, pleased to meet you.
Take care
Chris

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
hi ya I know you are going to find TP helpful an make new friends that will help you on your journey take care juniepoonie

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Welcome to you both.

So sad you have the need to find us. Really pleased you have.

You may have ideas about forums and how they work. Well this one is unique.

It's a place where you are safe. It's a place that you "meet" people who totally understand.
It's a place that you can "say it as it is" for you and be completely understood and NEVER judged.

It's a place of safety. A place to ask and say anything you need

All you need to do is ask or say it. We understand

Welcome.

devorah

Sep 25, 2013
so sad for my mother - I'm heartbroken.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I brought my mother (almost 89 years old) to a retirement home after having to let her caregiver go.Her dementia is worsening very quickly. My mother thought the caregiver was trying to murder her so she was hiding in the bathroom. I couldn't take it anymore but I don't think the "home" is the right answer for her. I honestly don't think there is anything that will make her happy. She cannot use the phone properly anymore, or tv remote, etc. etc. She used to love to read and read the newspaper every day. Now it just sits on the table unopened. She doesn't smile anymore and just keeps saying she wants to die. I am so heartbroken all I want to do is cry. Please someone help me!

Welcome to you both.

So sad you have the need to find us. Really pleased you have.

You may have ideas about forums and how they work. Well this one is unique.

It's a place where you are safe. It's a place that you "meet" people who totally understand.
It's a place that you can "say it as it is" for you and be completely understood and NEVER judged.

It's a place of safety. A place to ask and say anything you need

All you need to do is ask or say it. We understand

Welcome.

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I brought my mother (almost 89 years old) to a retirement home after having to let her caregiver go.Her dementia is worsening very quickly. My mother thought the caregiver was trying to murder her so she was hiding in the bathroom. I couldn't take it anymore but I don't think the "home" is the right answer for her. I honestly don't think there is anything that will make her happy. She cannot use the phone properly anymore, or tv remote, etc. etc. She used to love to read and read the newspaper every day. Now it just sits on the table unopened. She doesn't smile anymore and just keeps saying she wants to die. I am so heartbroken all I want to do is cry. Please someone help me!

I hear your pain devorah
It is such a hard decision, having to move someone to a place so they are safe, but in my opinion, it's what sometimes has to be done, even though the guilt monster tells you otherwise.

Be kind to yourself. Your mum is who she is now, try to remember the good times you have with her, she will be safe, and any medication, if she needs any could help her feel happier.

take time for you. You are important too. This disease takes us over and sometimes we have to accept, even though we don't think it's right, a situation like yours.

May I gently suggest that you start a thread of your own, that way you won't get lost on this thread, and more people will read your worries

I understand how you are feeling. And I know others do too. You are not alone anymore xxxxxxx