mum and a photo

Mummysgirl

Jan 21, 2010
Dear all,
Things have been quite good with mom recently. She seems well in herself. Dad's even booked a holiday for this week for them - going to Bournemouth for 5 days which I think will do them both the power of good (let's hope the British weather stays nice lol).
We had a glimpse of mom and her memory issues the other day. My in-laws celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Thursday and our local newspaper printed a story of them with a photo.
Mom looked through the paper, saw the photo and told my dad that she recognised them, but didn't know where from. I've been married to my husband for 21 years this year, so it's not surprising she recognised them :)
This illness is so cruel isn't it. Mom can tell stories of when she worked for the co-op in the 60's, naming people she worked with, but she can't recognise my in-laws in a photo.
It's cruel, but I suppose this is the start of things to come.
I'm just enjoying spending time with her. At the end of the day, she's my mom, she's beautiful and I adore her :):)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
thats really nice enjoy your mum! has she got a scrapbook or photo album if she hasnt it would be a fun thing to do with her and helps ithers appreciate her life history and her achievements