Moving care home

GINGY 53

Mar 12, 2022
My mother is currently in a care home in skegness she lived there for the last 25 years in a housing association bungalow. She has savings so is partly self funding the other part is being paid by lincolnshire council the problem is I live in London and there is no family in skegness can I move her to a care home in my area ?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A warm welcome to Dementia Support Forum @GINGY 53. This is a very friendly and supportive forum so I'm glad you've found us.
You could move your mother to a care home near you, but homes in the London area are probably going to be a lot more expensive, and due to the fact that social services are very stretched I'm not sure that your local council would be would be willing to help fund your mother.
I moved my mother from London to the East Midlands, mainly because it was difficult to get to see her quickly in an emergency so I can understand why you'd be keen for the move. Maybe phone your local social services and talk to them about the options and take it from there.
I'm sure others will be along shortly with their ideas and suggestions.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasAAA