Motion sensor door alarm

Jan48

Apr 25, 2022
Am looking to buy one in case my husband goes wandering again and I do not hear him. I want one that I can set up at 11 pm when I go to bed until 8 am. The issue is he does go downstairs and checked all doors a few times during the night and will trigger a false alarm, The front door is near the kitchen. Any suggestions pl? Thanks

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
No suggestions on the type of alarm you'd need but you'd need to consider that by the time the alarm went off and you'd registered, he'd be out. You would need to consider what you wore to bed and have a grab bag containing your charged phone and some suitable clothing within easy reach.

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
Amazon have a door contact Door Alarm Sensor pack by Secrui for £20.98 with wireless remote contact and sticky pad fixing that activates when the door opens and sends a wireless message - would this be any good - no experience with it but guess you need a door contact one if he is trying the handle. I just googled 'door contact alarm system.

Chelseajude

Feb 10, 2021
Norwich
Am looking to buy one in case my husband goes wandering again and I do not hear him. I want one that I can set up at 11 pm when I go to bed until 8 am. The issue is he does go downstairs and checked all doors a few times during the night and will trigger a false alarm, The front door is near the kitchen. Any suggestions pl? Thanks
Do you have an assistive technology team at your county council? Our assistive technology team came out and provided an alarm for us. It’s not perfect but better than nothing.

Jan48

Apr 25, 2022
Am not sure whether I have got assistive technology team at my county. Been hiding the keys so far it has been ok. If he wakes me up and ask for I will try to distract him, hopefully it works.