Morning Live BBC 1

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone!

They are talking about dementia again but they only mention Alzheimer's!

MaNaAk

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I suppose that is because it is the most common form but it does annoy me when that happens.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My wife's consultant psychiatrist used the phrase 'Lewy body variant of Alzheimer's' when reporting her condition.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I suppose that is because it is the most common form but it does annoy me when that happens.
I agree but before dad's diagnosis I looked up his symptoms and tried to figure out which type he had because it was important to me. Eventually he was diagnosed with Alzheimers which I had suspected but I do wish that the programme makers would do more research and also ask the carers for their input.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
wouldnt it be good if they acknowledged the different types then maybe we wouldnt have to explain the difference which they assume they know about dementia.

researchnut

Oct 23, 2023
I agree with you. My wife has Alzheimer's and so does her sister but they both have different behaviours. Her sister tended to want to go out walking but didn't recognise her adult children. My wife doesn't roam but she does acknowledge her children and me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DianeMarie