More money for social care

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Whatever political party you support, as they all seem to want to spend more on social care, short of totally free care in the home or residential care for anyone who wants it for their PWD, how would you like money to be spent to provide more support?

My idea is that there should be council run care homes which offer respite breaks to all those whose circumstances suggest they need it, or alternatively live-in respite where the PWD refuses a care home, social worker to assess what the individual entitlement should be.

These could also be a hub for day care and emergency centre where carers in distress can call, rather than calling out the police, which nobody really wants to do for a PWD.

Views?

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Let's hope there are positive changes very soon. The hub idea is a very good one and much needed x

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Sounds lovely, all I want is a break, my children do cover but it would be so nice to be able to go away for a few days with them ..We were lucky this year as one of their friends moved in for a week so I had a break.
I would also like to see more support for the early stages when there are the what ifs or what shall we do?
Or maybe make it an offence not to help family members, if my invisible helped I to could have a break.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77