More grief...

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Iam grieving still so much for the loss of my mum,who passed away at the end of January,and now her youngest-remaining sister has passed away too,last week to vascular dementia ,she was my last remaining aunt.
Three aunties and their mother-my grandma,plus my mum,all lost to vascular dementia..
It's hard to function and try and be positive.. The waves of grief come and go,crashing and dragging me into depression..I'm trying to get back to normal-whatever that is,but this has set me back to square one..

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Iam grieving still so much for the loss of my mum,who passed away at the end of January,and now her youngest-remaining sister has passed away too,last week to vascular dementia ,she was my last remaining aunt.
Three aunties and their mother-my grandma,plus my mum,all lost to vascular dementia..
It's hard to function and try and be positive.. The waves of grief come and go,crashing and dragging me into depression..I'm trying to get back to normal-whatever that is,but this has set me back to square one..

What a heavy load you are having to bear - my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that you have had so much grief in such a short time. Wishing you strength for the days ahead. xxx

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you all for your kindness,it helps immensely to know I can post my thoughts here and have your understanding,and empathy..
I'm taking anti depressants and mood stabilisers,which have allowed me to still grieve,but make me able to cope and get through most days,although I always look forward to the night,when there's more peace and time to reflect on things..
Much appreciation to you all who've replied,got to get through next week,my aunts funeral..

Thank you for your strength everyone,I'm trying to put a brave 'normal' face on for the sake of my youngest daughter,she is feeling the bereavement of her gran and she has cried and said she hates what dementia did to her grandma..

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Chaucer, it is very hard to lose a parent and not be bereft and you have had so many losses. Your aunt's death must feel like the final straw. After my husband died and then my mother two months later I felt the same way. I used to cry and then run into the shower and let the warm water wash the tears away. Do what you have to do but don't fake it, our kids need to know we are grieving too.

(((hugs))) from Sue.

Last edited: