Mom has sadly passed

glass lady

Aug 29, 2010
walsall
Im not sure wheither this is the right place for this but my mom has sadly passed we have taken care of her for five years and though it was tough at times. We only found out recently that her dementia was vascular and to late she was to be put on blood pressure medication to prevent any more mini strokes but she had a heart attack or a stroke or both and her carer and I found her which was a shock but not unexpected. Hopefully now I will be able do more to spread the word and help others as I have been helped.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Please accept my condolences

Such a sad time for you
I wish you strength for the coming weeks

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm so sorry to read about your sad news, glass lady.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

TP is always here if you need to talk.

Love xx

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
My condolences to you and your family at this sad time. Its good that you want to use your experience to help others. x

sharina

Mar 17, 2010
Mother died

I am so sorry to hear about you losing your mother.Allow yourself time.

Eventually you will stop thinking of your mother with the illness and will picture those times you spent together before she became ill.

When you are ready,It is good to do something positive.The more you explain to people the link between strokes,high blood pressure and vascular dementia,the better.

My mother had vascular dementia and like yours had a stroke.I did not realise the link.

People need to understand.Even in this age, some people who have relatives with dementia do not know it is a terminal illness.

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
So sorry to hear of your mother's sudden passing. It must have been such a shock for you.

I hope that happy memories of all the good times you shared together soon replace those since the dementia took it's toll.

Be gentle with yourself & give yourself time to grieve before throwing yourself into helping others.

Mo
x

sunny

Sep 1, 2006
I am sorry to hear that your mother has passed on and my condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Sorry to hear your sad news, and I am glad you weren't on your own when you found your mum. I hope you got support from the carer in your time of need. Don't forget TP is here for you whenever you need to come and talk. In my prayers x