Mom 92 living with me

SMGbutterfly

May 15, 2024
Hello
My name is Sue. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I have two older brothers but one lives in MD. My other brother and sister in law help and is appreciated but sometimes I feel like I need more help.
My mom is 92 and needs help with everything but spoon feeding. She’s starting to cough and almost choked to death twice. It is so frightening! I have fequested a speech therapist. She has high anxiety but three prescriptions so far has caused severe hallucinations for hours on end. It also makes her combative and just not at all herself.
This is the hardest job and it’s non stop. My husbands mother is going through the same thing! Therefore, I am all on my own. She always wants me to be in her vision and HATES the bed rails I have on her bed. I have a baby monitor so I can see her and talk to her which is awesome. She has twice now slid herself down the bed to get out. I am averaging 4 hours a night sleep. She’s either up or if not I am up nervous she will get out of bed.
Gotta go now

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me and I'm sure all of us on here.
Just for reference you're posting from the USA to a mainly UK audience, no problem at all my mum/mom was from LA originally and people post on here from all over the world.
Just so you know, what is available by nation does vary, however, caring and compassion knows no borders, just so you know UK time now is 2.50pm, middle of the afternoon but I guess you've had you evening meal by now?
So as I say hello and welcome. K