Mods help please...Who should I ask?

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
After my recent post and the idea that we think about mobilising and setting up some protests etc, I wondered who I should ask about using these boards to co-ordinate anything like that, can anyone point me the right way, I don;t want ot abuse this wonderful forum Thanks.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi Bristolbelle

I thought I’d respond to your request.

Whilst I don’t think TP would be an appropriate place for organising this kind of campaigning activity, I hope that one of the suggestions below may be of some interest.

I know that this isn’t what you were originally keen to do, but if you were to set up your own petition, you could then post a link to that in TP’s ‘Raising Awareness & Campaigning’ forum.

I’d also suggest that you might like to contact our Campaigns team with your ideas, as they are always keen to hear from people who are passionate about changing things for people with dementia. You can contact the Campaigns team via our Campaigners Network: contact details and more information can be found here.

A reminder that one of the Society’s current campaigns, Putting Care Right, may be of interest to TP members who are interested in campaigning in this area:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=200149&documentID=1107

Lastly, I’ve moved this thread to ‘Raising Awareness & Campaigning’ as I think it’s a more appropriate spot for it.

Best wishes to you,

Katherine

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi Sue

I responded following some discussion with members of the moderating team – so I think the current title is fine as it is. :)

Best wishes to you,

Katherine

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
Thank you....

For your speedy replies. I have to think very carefully about my next steps, I have no desire to start anything that takes attention away from bodies who are already established and working hard in this direction. Nor do I want to make a suggestion and suddenly find either that I am clining on to a damp squib, or possibly even worse a huge firework that I can't handle!
I will look at your campaigns and see how I feel about becoming involved.
Once again thanks for your replies.