Mobility Parking Permit

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
i think in the UK you call it the Blue Badge?

Got the necessary paperwork signed off by Mums GP, as in New Zealand you can qualify for one if you have cognitive impairment that results in disorientation or confusion.
This is Mum... Plus she has absolutely no traffic sense. The less traffic and car park we have to navigate the better...

Only thing is they sent it to Mums address and not mine, despite being down as the carer. Mum just brought it over wanting to know what it was all about as she is not disabled! Managed to fob her off, and by making her a coffee.
Things like this really annoy me, because if she didn't get it in the mail, I could use it when necessary with Mum and park in a mobility car park, and Mum would be none the wiser.
Now she will, question it every time.

Out of curiousity, does it cost in the UK and elsewhere? Here it costs equivalent of GBP30 and thats for 5 yr permit and then has to be renewed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a shame it was posted to your mum. It will be a real boon though. My husband has a Blue Badge. Would you believe I can't remember if we had to pay anything for it or not! I know you have to pay £10 for a replacement if you lose or damage it. I think it's not so easy to get one for someone who has dementia. The application is really focused on how far someone can walk unaided/their disability.