Mixed Dementia?

Raspberry Ripple

Sep 28, 2019
What does this mean , other than the docs possibly don't really know? Told mom has mixed dementia, moderate to severe. Just feel like messages are always mixed! Psychiatrist came today and had to draw this out of him, hadn't seen last discharge letter from hospital from 2 weeks ago with CT scan, do they (NHS) not talk to each other, surely the IT should notify relevant people? Asked if she'd looked for placement, meaning care home, whereas hospital social worker / hospital discharge people happy for her to be at home. Also changing meds from 2 to 1 at night if needed, told him I don't live there! How do they expect a carer to decide if she needs extra meds from a chock-ful 30 min visit! Can't leave meds there in case she finds them, frustrating as I have to work full-time and not close to home

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
welcome.
mixed dementia means she has more than one type. my PWD has mixed ....Vascular and Alzheimer's
Sometime the information doesn't get through to connect everyone in the loop for a long while two weeks isn't that long a time.
I personally havent had to work out distance caring but it cant be easy to sort it all out. It's really hard on families to work out the best care and support and sometimes have to push hard to get what's needed put in place. someone else will be able to point you right for that i am sure