Mission accomplished!!!!!

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Finally - today I got my husband to take a shower :D After just over three weeks of saying (quite strongly) that he only needed a quick wash, I thought of a solution. I told him his hair needed cutting - I have always done this for him. This done, I told him his hair would need a wash to 'settle it down'. Okay he said, I'll run the shower - all without being asked twice:D:D Not to waste the moment I grabbed the clothes he had shed and started up the washing machine. He has been wearing the same clothes and underclothes since his last shower! He had been rescuing his clothes from the washing basket each day:(. Not to leave things there, the bed was stripped, pajamas also washed, and the underlay aired:).
Tonight I will be sleeping with a lovely clean man in clean pajamas in a clean bed - yahooo - finally:):):):):):):)

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello di65 well done what a good day to get such a simple task done, lets hope you can do it more often, my husband takes dirty clothes out of the bin, and puts them on, he thinks once they go in the washing machine he won't get them back.♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Finally - today I got my husband to take a shower :D After just over three weeks of saying (quite strongly) that he only needed a quick wash, I thought of a solution. I told him his hair needed cutting - I have always done this for him. This done, I told him his hair would need a wash to 'settle it down'. Okay he said, I'll run the shower - all without being asked twice:D:D Not to waste the moment I grabbed the clothes he had shed and started up the washing machine. He has been wearing the same clothes and underclothes since his last shower! He had been rescuing his clothes from the washing basket each day:(. Not to leave things there, the bed was stripped, pajamas also washed, and the underlay aired:).
Tonight I will be sleeping with a lovely clean man in clean pajamas in a clean bed - yahooo - finally:):):):):):):)
:)Congratulations. Isn't it a real sense of achievment when you manage something like this.
keep smiling,
malomm

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Well done!

I have not managed to shower my MIL since last November but I make sure she washes thoroughly and amazingly she complies at respite and has showers plus baths. As regards the clothes I take the lot from her every evening and they go straight in the washing machine daily or she would put the same ones every single day!

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
thanks for your support. Such a simple thing you would think, to have a clean body. My husband used to be such a stickler for cleanliness. He ensured our children had a daily bath/shower, and would even have a second shower himself if going out in the evening. How lives change:(

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
OMG - he has just got up from his chair and announced that he is off to have a shower:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Two in one day - what is the world coming to? I haven't the heart to tell him he has already had one today:D:D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

Awesome awesome awesome!!! So pleased for you. This is one of my troubles and isn't it lovely when it gets sorted.

Well done :) xx

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Just had today's horoscope pop up on my Home Page - had to smile

"Today, the 14th of July.The thing you need to get your head around is the idea that you are, in fact, a very powerful person"

Darn tootin' I am...........

Yes SoyHJ - I might have to give him a weekly trim:D

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done

You must have worked at a rare rate of knots to grab the clothes and change the bedding. Perhaps his stage of not washing has come to an end? I hope so. He certainly sounds enthusiastic now:):D

Take care

Lyn T

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Di65 you have made me laugh which is nice during an otherwise quite trying morning. I am on countdown to the next showering episode it's been 10 days since the last one but I don't feel quite up to the battle. Hair washing is the only reason he will get in the shower and then you'd think I was killing him! OK with washing and clean clothes though so at least don't have those battles.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Sringtime

Jan 9, 2014
Cheshire
OMG - he has just got up from his chair and announced that he is off to have a shower:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Two in one day - what is the world coming to? I haven't the heart to tell him he has already had one today:D:D

Hi, Well thats made me chuckle, maybe it'll be a hat trick before the end of the day. x
;)

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello once again di65 your pos1t about your husband having another shower amused me as my husband will be up at 2am shower maybe at 4am another shower and at 6am as he has forgotten that he has showered twice, what an awful time to keep showering keeps me up most of the night ♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Why is this resistance to water/changing clothes, etc, such a problem with Ad/Vd patients? It seems to be a common theme for a lot of us, my OH included. They change from being the cleanest people on earth to ......well, I don't need to say (if they were left to their own devices!)??

Sent from my GT-N5110

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Just had today's horoscope pop up on my Home Page - had to smile

"Today, the 14th of July.The thing you need to get your head around is the idea that you are, in fact, a very powerful person"

Darn tootin' I am...........

Yes SoyHJ - I might have to give him a weekly trim:D

Well done! I like your style!:)

margaret g

Nov 9, 2013
These comments gave so made me smile thanks,, hubby in shower as I write,, better get up those stairs and get the clothes changed!! Haha

Sent from my C5303 using Talking Point mobile app