Missing mom

Mw122

May 15, 2013
My mom passed away 12 wks ago after a 9 year battle with early onset dementia she was 59 when she passed away. Today has been a really bad day I feel so cheated loosing my mom she lost the power of speech 2 years before she died just before that she stopped recognising me I feel I have grieved once whilst my mom was here and now I'm grieving again the pain is unbearable everyone thinks I should be 'grateful' my mom has gone as it has given me my life back I feel so lost as as we'll as working full time I cared for my mom before and after work every day and looked after her on my day off Thursday all day. I feel really angry at the mo me and my mom where so close I'm an only child so have no support in someone that knows how I feel. I'm worried about my dad as he's putting on a brave face but know he's dying inside. Sorry for going on but not been a good day today Marie x

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Marie, I am sorry you have had such a bad day. It's still early days for you and your dad, but I wonder if you would be interested in contacting Cruse, I know that many people have found them an enormous help.

http://www.cruse.org.uk/

Sending you a hug and very best wishes. X

Mw122

May 15, 2013
Thank you christin I think it may help to talk to someone as no one close to me seems to understand how I feel. Thank you for your reply Marie x

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
If not Cruse, then maybe some other sort of counselling?

When you are in the depths of grief, it can be so very hard to make sense of things without professional support.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Fo me grief couselling helped. I lost my husband Ray, aged 70, result of multiple strokes and vascular dementia on 19th September 2012, Mum aged 94, result of pneumonia and Alzheimers on 20th November 2012. By January I was a real mess, overcome by the pain of grieving for both of them. So I had six sessions of grief counselling with two weeks between each and it allowed me to move on.

I don't think I would have been where I am now without someone to talk to who knew what stages I would go through in my grief and could help me move forward. Yes, I am still grieving but I am not stuck in a dark place now.

(((hugs))) from Sue.

Mw122

May 15, 2013
Thank you sue you've had more than your fare share to deal with it's good to know councilling has helped you I do think I need to speak to someone I've got 10 years of dementia to deal with thanks again xxxx