Mental Health Awareness Week this week

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
In 2007 my life changed forever as I experienced an acute episode of severe clinical depression, no cause has ever been found. From then on I have lived with depression and learned to know myself in the process and to know when another episode is about to hit and take action.

This last two months have been hard for everyone who cares and at a time we need people around us we have become more isoalted than ever as carers. I've been watching the series of programs on BBC 2. Last night was about Alistair Campbell and tonight is What's the matter with Tony Slattery.

Its important to know yourself and to know when things aren't as they should be. So here's a bid to mental health week and to us

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you for highlighting mental health awareness week, Palerider. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for years. It was only diagnosed in 2002, but goes back to childhood.
A friend who leads mental health walks, see if there are any in your area when this lockdown eases enough, agreed that the isolation will cause more health problems than anyone realised. When you are a carer it is certainly felt more strongly, so my heart goes out to other carers who are struggling badly with isolation and stress.
Look after yourself.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thank you for highlighting mental health awareness week, Palerider. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for years. It was only diagnosed in 2002, but goes back to childhood.
A friend who leads mental health walks, see if there are any in your area when this lockdown eases enough, agreed that the isolation will cause more health problems than anyone realised. When you are a carer it is certainly felt more strongly, so my heart goes out to other carers who are struggling badly with isolation and stress.
Look after yourself.

You too :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey