memory

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Just a quick moan why do they think people with memory difficulties always when attending clinics have to state they suffer from depression or anxiety - Doctors and co cannot understand when they don't - my OH don't tend to worry apart from Hallucinations which gets at him,

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Would anyone admit to anxiety and depression?
Serious question, would anyone?
I will, anxious, house is for sale, have to move on find a new home or go live on my boat. Doing it alone isn't easy trust me.
Depressed, certainly seasonally depressed right now, first winter alone in the world, freeking cold outside and I'm an outdoors kind of person.
Means the true answer to both questions is yes, but I joined here as a career not someone with a condition.
That said if I was asked by a friend, neighbour, GP or whoever I'd say no, don't mind being honest on here though amoungst strangers.
K

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
The trouble is they want to put one in a tick box- my OH is not depressed or anxious , he too would say he depressed if he was but clinicians often think you must be depressed or anxious - so why lie just to fit in with their tick box excise- so there is nothing to mention on that front regarding my OH has far has he concerned at the appointment

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think that depression/anxiety goes with dementia so often that it is something they automatically ask about.
Its good that he doesnt have it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980