Memantine

Such confusion

Nov 26, 2023
My LO has recently started taking Memantine. They have mixed vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s. I feel this medication is making them so confused. Has anyone else experienced this with their LO ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
You would be better telling the person who prescribed it about the effects. Mine has been on it 3 years 20mg at night and is definitely better, more relaxed. When do they take it? could take a bit of time to get use to it but everyone is difference I would check

Such confusion

Nov 26, 2023
You would be better telling the person who prescribed it about the effects. Mine has been on it 3 years 20mg at night and is definitely better, more relaxed. When do they take it? could take a bit of time to get use to it but everyone is difference I would check
Ok thanks for that . I will do as you suggested. Definitely less aggressive but at times not knowing I am who I am, their daughter and we have lived together for 19 years. Maybe it’s just the progression of the disease. They are 94 years old.
Thanks again.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Ok thanks for that . I will do as you suggested. Definitely less aggressive but at times not knowing I am who I am, their daughter and we have lived together for 19 years. Maybe it’s just the progression of the disease. They are 94 years old.
Thanks again.
that could just be the dementia progression. i would check it. if its a sudden symptom, could be an infection that can throw them off balance