Medication/Incontinence

Samantha1977

Jan 16, 2017
I am not sure...but I do know that when we asked the doctor to put up mums dosage for Respiridon used to calm her through the night and minimise the walking about he said a higher dose would make her incontinence worse.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Talking Point mobile app

LouiseB55

Jun 1, 2016
My Mum's dose of donepezil was doubled three months after she started taking it. Within a week she was incontinent. The dose was reduced and she was fine again. It's worth checking for urinary tract infections also.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Mum's sleep medication makes her urinate a lot more through the night - on these nights I have changed her pull ups 3 times and always an accident in the morning. Lorazepam and diazepam also the same, relaxed her so much, accidents happened.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Yes my Mum takes mirtazipane at night and going into a deeper sleep probably makes her more incontinent. But because incontinence often increases anyway it is hard to know if it is the drug or just a natural progression.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Yes my Mum takes mirtazipane at night and going into a deeper sleep probably makes her more incontinent. But because incontinence often increases anyway it is hard to know if it is the drug or just a natural progression.

Thanks for mentioning Mirtazapine, I had not considered that this may also increase the problem for my mum. The wonderful world of side effects!