MARY JANE & DEMENTIA

Jaydupont11

Nov 11, 2017
I 've been care taking for my Father for come the end of this month 3 yrs.. Wow I can't believe its been this long. Feels like 10 and then on those blessed one's
☝,feels like I have my best friend back, least for a few hrs...
I'm new here and am reaching out. In the last 2 mos. Hallucinations and Mild but VERBAL disorientation have begun to rear their ugly head. Ive been reading about THC for yrs..
Can anyone who's been through this STRUGGLE as me and my POP call it, embark wisdom onto me???
THANK YOU ALL & GOD BLESS Y O U R LOVED ONE AS WELL...
BE BLESSED, FRANKIE

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hello, @Jaydupont11 and welcome. I'm sorry you and your dad are having hallucinations to deal with. They can be benign, and not cause much or any distress to the person experiencing them, but on the other hand, they can be absolutely terrifying! My late husband experienced such terror and horror with hallucinations and paranoid delusions that he could get no rest. He was living in constant "fight or flight" mode. It was awful for all of us. Finally, his Consultant had to put him on anti psychotic medication, which helped him enormously. Depending on the severity of your dad's hallucinations, that may not be necessary, but you and he need to have a chat with his doctors, if they are causing him distress.