Male incontinence

sarahg62

Jul 22, 2016
My dad is a very proud man, lovely though. He doesn’t like people trying to help him with his personal care. Gets angry. He has accidents. He is wearing Tena pull ups but I don’t think he’s wearing them correctly. He is wearing high absorbent ones but he’s not always covering everything with the pants. So when he does have an accident he wets his trousers and he starts crying. He used to wear y fronts. He does have a male carer at times but it’s very difficult even for him to deal with sensitive issues. Although he has managed to give him a strip wash which he wasn’t happy at all with. How can we get him to wear the pants properly?? Does anyone have any ideas?? He’s seen the incontinence nurse with the carer but they didn’t seem to come to any conclusions. Just wondered if anyone had come across this before? Help!!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I think this is more of an anatomy problem. Men are in the unique position to be able to pee in every which direction, so basically he has to tuck himself in the right way. My OH was master in doing it the wrong way! Not the pad's fault. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey