Making difficult decisions

Eunomi

Apr 2, 2018
On the advice of my GP I reluctantly agreed to look for respite for my husband. Bob is 85 and was diagnosed with vascular dementia and Alzheimer's.A 2 week respite was agreed in a dementia home, in our village. Four days after I had a fall, ending in hospital with a broken pelvis and dominant right arm. I Am now in a re-hab facility, on my third week, awaiting a care package possibly in another weeks time.My son is in touch with the Care home, who are extending the respite. I know it will be a while before I will be able to see my husband,and on many hours of reflection ,wonder if my best action is to consider asking for a residential place forBob, but I am unsure how to go about it. I am sure the fall was due to shear exhaustion.Any advice for my situation would be helpful.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
If you are self funding just ask the home. If not, get in touch with the LA ( I think) and explain to them all that’s gone on recently. It all might be delayed because of Covid, but if you get in now it might be better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julie1959