LPA/OPG Query

Norfolkgirl

Account Closed
Jul 18, 2012
Can anyone provide their opinion on the following please.....

LPA already registered for donor with CoP/OPG having attorney (X) and attorney (Y) appointed jointly AND severally.

Meanwhile attorney (X) confirms that the LPA is NOT lodged with any institutions or other bodies. This is in order to imply that the donor is managing her own affairs (her capabilities are extremely unlikely as she is wheelchair bound/bed bound as well as suffering cognitive impairment/dementia affecting short term memory which in some instances lasts only 5 minutes).

Mail/post of donor (at least of bank statements etc.) is posted to c/o attorney (X) i.e. his home address, not the donor's care home address, for "no apparent reason".

How can this have been organised without LPA being lodged with bank? if it was done whilst attorney (X) has been appointed as third party mandate for donor on her account can this be done without his need to lodge LPA and still have donor's bank statements posted to c/o attorney (X) address?

also.....

Bearing in mind the above that LPA is not being used/lodged with any institutions, if a report of suspicion is made to OPG can they still intervene (ask questions of either or both attorneys) i.e. because donor "allegedly" is managing her own affairs and therefore the attorneys can allege they have no involvement with donor's transactions?

Last edited:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I can't help with the OPG part, but I would get attorney Y to contact the bank and register the LPA with them, Ask the bank to send copy statements to Y's address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bronskibeat