Lovely warmth!!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I have a severe shoulder problem, and the joint needs to be kept warm, so today in Lidl I treated myself to a heated shoulder wrap. It's a small cape like thing, that sits nicely around your shoulders, and works like an electric blanket. It's really cozy, and I just thought it might be something helpful for someone elderly, or someone with dementia. It switches itself off after 1 1/2 hours.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I wonder if it is available also here in Italy.There is a Lidl not far away. My husband has a pain in his shoulder and warmth could help, since the painkillers he has been on give him stomach-ache

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I had a heated "throw" for my mum, it kept her warm and meant I didn't have to heat the house like a greenhouse all the time, saved me a fortune.
It was approved to be safe; to be sat on, used in bed and was safe for use with someone who was incontinent, I found it really useful.
K

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I have a severe shoulder problem, and the joint needs to be kept warm, so today in Lidl I treated myself to a heated shoulder wrap. It's a small cape like thing, that sits nicely around your shoulders, and works like an electric blanket. It's really cozy, and I just thought it might be something helpful for someone elderly, or someone with dementia. It switches itself off after 1 1/2 hours.

Ooooh !!!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire

Sounds perfect, I had a fall on Wednesday and am so sore and stiff across my shoulders and back and down my right side, it would be worth trying. I am doing the memory walk tomorrow just to add insult to injury but will try Lidl on my way home.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Sounds a much safer option than the 'bran pillow'. I made one for my late husband and warmed it in the microwave. I was disturbing him, keeping moving it to re-heat...so I decided to 'cook' it for longer. I sat reading while he was in bed, nearer unconscious than asleep...and I thought I smelled burning. I looked up from my book, couldn't see anything....carried on reading. Then I thought I smelled it again....and looked under the covers. The sheets were black around the bran pillow. I ran downstairs and outside with it, where it burst into flames. Norman slept through the whole thing. Thank goodness I stayed in the room with him!!!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sounds a much safer option than the 'bran pillow'. I made one for my late husband and warmed it in the microwave. I was disturbing him, keeping moving it to re-heat...so I decided to 'cook' it for longer. I sat reading while he was in bed, nearer unconscious than asleep...and I thought I smelled burning. I looked up from my book, couldn't see anything....carried on reading. Then I thought I smelled it again....and looked under the covers. The sheets were black around the bran pillow. I ran downstairs and outside with it, where it burst into flames. Norman slept through the whole thing. Thank goodness I stayed in the room with him!!!

Yikes!! Glad you were there to deal with it!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I wonder if it is available also here in Italy.There is a Lidl not far away. My husband has a pain in his shoulder and warmth could help, since the painkillers he has been on give him stomach-ache

It's one of the"specials" they have in this week here Margherita. If they haven't got them this week, they may know when they are getting them. It's a Silver Crest Heated Shoulder Pad.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I had a heated "throw" for my mum, it kept her warm and meant I didn't have to heat the house like a greenhouse all the time, saved me a fortune.
It was approved to be safe; to be sat on, used in bed and was safe for use with someone who was incontinent, I found it really useful.
K

I'm thinking this will be useful for when it gets a bit chilly, but not cold enough to turn heating on. It's machine washable too!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I'm thinking this will be useful for when it gets a bit chilly, but not cold enough to turn heating on. It's machine washable too!
Brilliant idea. Someone sitting always feels the cold more...I hate having the house too hot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryS