Lovely afternoon at the nursing home

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Hi all. It's been a long time since I was on here last. To tell you the truth I formatted my computer a few times and forgot to put the site back in. Ooops!

Hope all are well.

The nursing home have been bulding a "Sensory Garden" for the residents to enjoy and this afternoon was the grand opening.

Hilda Ogden / Aunty Hetty aka Jean Alexander came and opened it for them. She only lives about a mile away from the home.

Was so nice to see her - only a small lady, but it was much appreciated.

Mum managed to down a very big fresh cream merange with Strawberries and Kiwi Fruit on it.

Was all round her mouth.

She eats more than I do - greedy pig!!!!!!

Was lovely to see her outside and enjoying herself.

Take care all.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Shakey,
Pleased that you had a good afternoon with mum, and so good to read a positive story about a NH. We are all quick to post the bad things, but there must be lots of good things happening too.
Love Helen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thank you, Shakey.....

Lovely of you to share something so positive - I could practically taste the strawberries..... no fun at all in cream cakes if they don't end up all round your mouth, eh? (for anyone!) What a lovely idea to have a sensory garden ..... (must 'bookmark' that one!)

Only dipped in after a rotten day intending to go to the Tea Room for a very strong cuppa!... but thanks to spotting your post feel better already!

Thanks again, Karen (TF)

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Shakey

I wondered where you were.

I can just picture your Mum sitting in the sunshine with you having a lovely pudding, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Glad you seem to have come through all your troubles at last.

kathleen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell