Lost my Dad tonight

keywest67

Mar 19, 2012
Coventry
My wonderful Dad passed away tonight after a 9 day battle with pneumonia, he had late stage Alzheimer's , a stroke and had lost his mobility, what a cruel disease, he was 76 years old, he had a heart attack 3 years ago and low blood pressure, oxygen starved his brain causing damage and accelerated what we thought was mild dementia to a severe stage of Alzheimer's overnight...........he was never the same again .......we have been through a horror story for the last few years but nothing could have prepared me for the last 9 days, he had another stroke, with pneumonia and never regained consciousness , watching him die this slow death was harrowing beyond belief and I am relieved he is now at peace, devastated that my Dads life ended this way, he was a very loved husband, Dad and Grandad, I pray they soon find a cure for this terrible disease. Thank you TP friends for helping me over the past 3 years, I really do appreciate all your help.x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Keywest, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. As you say, at last he is at peace and no more struggling with this disease.

Wishing you well at this sad time. J x

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I am so sorry you have lost your dear dad, and in such a way. It is indeed a cruel illness, and your dad only 76.
You will need to process all that has happened, this is only natural, and a part of grieving, but in time you will remember your dad as he was before, and he will be in the forefront of your mind, not the illness and his death.
I wish you peace, comfort and strength for the coming days and weeks.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Condolences on the loss of your dear Dad, wishing you strength for the days ahead and hope that your memories of his suffering at the end will soon be softened by kinder memories of happier times.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Please accept my condolences -your Dad is now at peace. Take care of yourself and your family at this very sad time.

Lyn T X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so very sorry. The past weeks have been difficult for you all and its some comfort to know that your Dad is now at peace.
With heartfelt sympathies at this sad time.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry you have lost your very much loved father.
I hope the fact that he is no longer suffering can give you some peace of mind at this very sad time.