Looking for possible treatments

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
A while ago, I signed up to 'Join Dementia Research' on the computer. Using information you provide it matches you with research studies which you might be able to take part in.
I have early onset vascular dementia, and i would love it if treatments were found so that some people in future might not have to got through what I go through.
A while ago, I was matched with a study in which they are loooking as amlodipine, an existing blood pressure medication, to see if it has uses in treating vascular dementia.
This morning I went to the last bit of screening to check if I match the study needs. It was a simple MRI scan.
If all is well I will be given the medication for a year, and its effect on my dementia checked and measured.
I do so hope this or soemthing else can be found to treat vascular dementia.
If you want to take part in finding treatments for this awful disease, do sign up.
Every time there is a possible match you get the chance to decide if this one is for you or not.
John

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
This is such a brave and positive thing to do. Thank you John for doing something so tangible in the search for treatments for this horrible illness. I hope you are matched with the drug and that it helps you. Best wishes x